There are many ways to get more visitors to your website, in the hopes that some of those will become new customers. Paid advertising, social media, sharing your URL in the real world via vanity short links or QR codes are all fine examples. However, SEO is an under-utilized and under-appreciated method or tactic within digital marketing.
While many digital marketing agencies will offer SEO services, not many can guarantee their results. They will often tell you that SEO takes time, 3–6 months, and it’s not an exact science, so landing on the first page is better than most can expect. This is what people say when they don’t have a deep understanding of search engines and how they interact with websites to provide relevant results to those searching online.
What is SEO?
SEO is short for search engine optimization, and most people have heard that term nowadays. However, not many understand how it works. Some people will know that it has something to do with keywords, metadata, and crawlers or bots. However, for most people, it ends there.
You’d be surprised how many digital marketing professionals I hear saying things like that as well. Unfortunately, there just isn’t a lot of opportunity for people to practice SEO the right way, because even if it is their job to do SEO, they might not have the education, training, and background in computer science or a related field that is necessary to be an expert.
There are some great benefits to trying to increase your website traffic through SEO. Here are some of the benefits:
- Cheaper than Advertising: If done right, your website can provide new leads in a scalable way for a smaller overall investment. There is a trade-off regarding the amount of work needed up front to start ranking for your target keywords, but it’s worth it.
- Compounding Return on Investment (ROI): As long as you continue doing the right thing on your website, you can expect the value you get from SEO to grow over time. It will do this automatically to a degree (there is work involved), which makes your website efforts more scalable than advertising, which is always limited to your budget.
- Build Your Brand: SEO improves the quality of your website over time, unlike building landing pages for ads on a separate platform like Unbounce, which has a long term benefit of improving how others see you in the long run. As you get your website worked on, you’ll catch the little errors and bugs that tend to turn potential customers away, even when you spent a lot of money to build the site in the first place.
- Expert Support: Most SEO specialists will offer a subscription-based service package to take care of the content marketing and ongoing optimization of everything you add to your site. From adding alt text to images to optimizing metadata for new pages and blog posts, even landing pages meant to only get leads from ads or email can be optimized for organic search and increase your value if regularly taken care of by an SEO specialist.
- Cutting Edge Advice: SEO really is always changing, to a degree, because of how often the search engines change their algorithms and features. Unfortunately, any untrained person without a degree, certification, or significant experience can call themselves an expert and yet not be able to provide value. You need a website concierge that keeps up with the latest high-tech trends and watches out for upcoming major bummers like mobile first indexing and the great GA4 transition.
- Foundational Knowledge: Most people who know how to do SEO at a high-level work for large international or national brands that have oodles of cash to spend on the best work for their website. Those with proven skills are highly sought after. Ben Woodruff learned SEO from books in college and graduated Suma Cum Laude, top of his class. He’s also been helping small to medium sized businesses succeed online since 2018, so he’s got the knowledge and experience it takes to make a difference for you as well.
Seedling – $750/mo.
- Best for start-ups, mom-and-pop shops, and other small businesses looking to start growing with SEO
- Increase targeted traffic to your website
- Keep visitors engaged with quality content
Established – $1,500/mo.
- Best for medium-sized businesses and established small ventures
- Grow out of your niche and target untapped audiences
- Save time, money, and pay less attention to your web presence
Scalable – $3,000/mo.
- Best for large companies or businesses with large budgets
- Optimize your marketing spend without relying on advertising
- Out-compete online in your crowded market
Included in All SEO Plans:
- Local listings management
- Website audit, optimization & management
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Reputation management
- Competitor analysis
- Spam blocking & security
- Monthly reports & strategy calls
- Content creation & optimization
- Conversion rate optimization
- Site loading speed optimization
- Website security & spam guard
- Link building (organic, unpaid)
How We Do SEO
Here at Woodruff Multimedia, we strive to combine excellent quality service with efficiency and speed. We don’t claim to have a secret sauce that no one else can provide, just hard work doing things most people really don’t enjoy, making your website rank highly for their target audience through organic search.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Initial 15-minute call to discuss your needs and wants and a good meeting time/place.
- In-person or virtual discovery meeting where we go over your custom proposal.
- Project kickoff and weekly emails reporting work completed.
- Project launch and all phases of SEO setup complete within 1 month.
- Data recording and monthly strategy calls to review results and plan ahead.
- Celebrate your SEO success!
- Where to Meet & Discuss:
- Live, in-person concierge-style meeting at a coffee shop or your place of business.
- Video call using Google Meet or FaceTime.
- Over the phone consultation call.
- Target Audience Research:
- We work with you to determine who your most valuable potential customers, clients, or patients are. We can gather this info during our initial discussion and create a marketing persona for reference throughout the project.
- If you already know who your highest value target audience is, we can skip the research and quickly progress through the rest of the process.
- If you need help researching and defining who your target audience, we can help you discover through surveys, market research, and strategic planning to know exactly who we should be marketing to.
- Tracking & Tools Setup Options:
- Free analytics and tracking tools from Google like Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.
- Paid analytics and tracking tools from third parties like Ahrefs, Google Analytics 360, Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, Parse.ly, etc.
- Other custom tools and integrations are options as well, but let us know what you’ll need, and we’ll consider if it will figure differently into the price.
- Technical SEO:
- Get your existing website setup with the tools and metadata it needs to be found by search engines and perform well in organic search.
- If you get a new website built by us, you’ll get technical SEO from the get go, like ensuring that your site loads quickly and is mobile friendly.
- On-Page SEO/Content Optimization Options:
- Get your headings, links, and images optimized with great signals for search engines and information for your visitors.
- Along with metadata, we can optimize your product pages, store location pages, and other page content with Schema.org markup, which improves your appearance on the search results page.
- We can optimize or build out an optimized site architecture that will appeal to your site visitors, starting with those who provide you the most value to focus on.
- Reporting Options:
- An SEO performance dashboard with a broad overview to report your key performance indicators (KPI’s) that you will be able to visit any time you wish.
- Monthly emails with specific reports on how various website metrics are trending, like traffic and visitor attributes, visitor behavior and engagement, and conversion details.
- Tracking weekly or daily ranking signals, so you can be aware of every little detail, if you find that you need that level of support.
- Monthly Support:
- Your SEO is important and needs to be kept up to date. We monitor your ranking and the ebbs and flows of traffic to your site, so you don’t have to. Knowing how your site is performing will help us craft personalized recommendations on how to continually improve.
- We schedule a monthly phone or video strategy call to discuss your results and provide recommendations. You’ll be glad to see the return on your investment and learn how we plan to increase performance even more.
- Over the following week, we execute changes and measure to see your growth. If any issues crop up, we address those immediately, but each month you’ll get proactive improvements regularly added to your SEO roadmap.
- Results Guaranteed:
- You’ll be delighted with the amount and quality of leads your website helps you get after the 3-month incubation period, or we will buy you a month’s worth of Google Ads pay per click (PPC) advertising for free. Our commitment is to beat the results of whoever you are already working with, but we’ll always communicate up front if we see any roadblocks to that potential.
- Subscribing to our SEO service alone will help the most if you’re just getting started, or especially operating within a niche. However, if your business is in a highly competitive market or has already been around a while, then you’ll probably also need to invest in other tactics to help grow at a rate you’ll be satisfied with.
- We expect 10% growth of traffic, 7.5% growth in engagement metrics, and 5% growth in conversions for those who sign up for our comprehensive website service plan, which includes SEO, content support, conversion rate optimization, and social media management.